This article explains how to repair a variant during a live optimization without losing performance data and having combinations deactivated.
On this page:
Actions & consequences
Early in a project launch, a variant sometimes needs to be fixed without losing the data collected about it so far. Evolv considers any change to a variant as a new variant unless it's repaired.
Repairing a variant allows you to splice a change into an existing variant while keeping the existing data.
- Use in anticipation for a change to the site that will break a variant.
- Do not use to fix a broken variant because the data collected on a broken variant is not valid.
- Grey area when the variant has collected a large amount of good data relative to a short broken period.
Steps to repair a variant
- Upload your changes to Draft.
- Finish the import; you'll see "DELETED" and "NEW" labels for the variant that changed.
- This is the standard way of changing a variant.
- Evolv removes the existing variant and creates a new one in its place.
- Expand the dropdown for the DELETED option, and you'll see a link to Repair & update.
- Click the link and a modal appears.
- Select the NEW option, tick the checkbox, and press the FINISH button.
- The variant label has changed to UPDATED.
- Move to Live when ready.
Frequently asked questions
I want to update a disabled variant. How do I do that?
You can only repair enabled variants.
- Enable the variant in Draft.
- Export the variables.
- Make changes to the project using the Web Editor.
- Import the variables.