This article explains how to export a project from the Manager.
Evolv has two separate tools for experimentation. The Manager is where you configure your project by defining environments and events, creating audience filters, and starting and stopping projects.
The Editor is a development environment where project variants are created, contexts are set, CSS and JS always execute code is added and experiments are QA’d.
The typical workflow is to do your coding and QA in the Editor and then save that work as a yaml file to import it into the Manager. But sometimes you may need to export a yaml from the manager to edit in the editor. You would do this if you wanted to edit the live version of the project, but were unsure whether the live version is the same as the development version (or if you simply didn't have access to the development version).
Steps to export a project from the manager
- On the main page in the Manager, select Project in the left column.
- In the main column select the draft project you wish to export.
- On the Latest Configuration page, click the Variables ink in the left column.
- In the Variables section, click the Manage Variables link.
- In the Manage Variables dropdown, select the Export Variables link.
- The project variables will be exported to a file on your desktop.