Contexts are definable URLs within a project that meet the domain and path-matching rules established in the Web Editor. It’s where variants are defined and applied.
You may need to update the context if the domain or path matching set:
- Does not appear to be accurately targeting the page, or
- The context requirements have changed, e.g. expanded.
- This is usually caught during QA, but maybe something you need to do later as well during Active Monitoring
Steps to update a context in the Web Editor
- Select Edit Mode from the dropdown in the top-right of the Web Editor.
- Or select View > Edit Mode from the menu.
- Select the context you want to change and click the Configuration Settings gear icon.
- In the EDIT CONTEXT panel, modify the reference URL(s), the Path Match and the Domain Match criteria and the visitor checkbox.
- Click the SAVE button to commit your changes.